Monday, March 31, 2008

Ronde Round Up


Spent the weekend "supportin' the dudes" out and the Ronde Van Brisbane. It was a race on my "cool to do" schedule, but after feeling like a used GU wrapper for a week, I decided to save my scrilla and play spectator.

Wasn't all sitting around, sippin' wine- although I did a fair share of that too. I actually pimped the Champion Nutrition products and met up with the homies over at ZTeam. Christian, Uthman, Hunter and the rest of ZTeam are all good guys.

Also got to chat with Devon Vigus and Hannah Banks. It's kind of funny meeting someone for the first time that you "kinda" know because we know some of the same people. Went something like this;

Me: "And this must be Hannah?"
Hannah; "Yees. And you must be Brian Mei....ers?"
Me: "Yep, that's me."
Both: "Hey! Nice to meet you"

She said she kind of recognized me from my picture. Instant flash back to the Tour of California Beaver Shot! What is that they say about first impressions???

Anywhoo, Hannah was very cool and mixed it up with the Cat 3 dudes on Sat. She's more brave than I am. Some of those Tois' looked way too Etch-a-Sketcy for me. I like my skin intact. Some knuckle head squizzed her into the barriers and she called it a day. Bigger fish to fry.

Quick shout outs to the VINO GANG that hung out with me at the Ronde. O, Meredith, La, Gaz, KJ and Familia, Audry and Ed- thanks for making the weekend Tres Bon! And Dr. Moose, thanks for giving us someone to cheer for!!!

No comments: