Monday, August 4, 2008

Hannah Banks


(no Timpani pic yet, so here's one from Vacaville.)

Since first meeting Hannah at the Ronde Van Brisbane, I've become a big fan. I've got to give her some serious props. Okay, so she's a badass bike racer (her win at Timpani and her support of her VAC teammies is proof of that). Even cooler though, is how down to earth she is. I've had the chance to hang out with her a little and I've got to tell ya, she's one of the most level headed people I've ever met.

As a teacher of mainly twenty-somethings who are seeking to find their place in the world, it is very cool indeed to meet someone with such a clear vision of where she is, where she is headed and an understanding of the road that is going to get her there. Coolness personified in my book.

Hannah, congrats on the win yesterday and best of luck at San Rafael!

No comments: