Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Michaels' Balls


When asked about the discrepancy between his stated goals and his team's registered status, Ball seemed both indifferent and uninformed.

"No shit? Well I've got look into that right away," he said with a laugh. "That would be shame if we did get invited [to ProTour caliber events] and we couldn't go."

Ball said he was at a loss to explain how the error might have occurred.

"Well, if it were a mistake, I would have the individual who made the mistake inform me why it was done that way," he said. "If I agreed to it, we'd move on. If it were egregious, there'd be some hell to pay, without a doubt." - Velonews.com


I've seen my share of Vaporware Teams- groups with big plans, big promises and when it comes time to put chamois on saddles, nothin. POOF.

The simple fact that Michael Ball wants to be THE MAN on his team calling the shots doesn't surprise me. He's paid serious money to get his team rolling. But to call the shots, you need to know what the hell is going on and from the sound of it, Ball is off the back.

Hey Mike, you just spent a grip of money and bought yourself a Conti team. That'd be like me dropping $900 for a pair of Wranglers. Oops.

4 comments:

Chris said...

He seems to be the Jerry Jones of cycling.

TreBone said...

EXACTLY!!

The Sage said...

I don't know if he's that evil...lol...sorry 49er fan. So Bone...Frankie is available for the team we talk about building.

broxster said...

Love the new picture up top!